This job plays a vital role in the daily operations and financial performance of our business. Responsible for driving sales and overseeing the implementation and execution of key business initiatives for SENSASIA Spas. Oversee the day-to-day activities of the spa to ensure customers are consistently treated to an outstanding customer service experience and that the operations run smoothly, efficiently and profitably. The Spa Manager is responsible for managing their team; ensuring that all policies/procedures have been clearly communicated and followed, maintain positive employee relations and ensuring that the spa is staffed with team members who can deliver best service and highest standards in all areas.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES include but are not limited to:
• Lead, direct and supervise the spa team in creating an outstanding experience for all guests, ensuring they are greeted in a professional, friendly, and timely manner
• Work from the Spa Reception desk and support with guest enquiries including taking bookings and payments where necessary
• Handle all guest complaints personally (when in the Spa)
• Train and empower your team to handle guest complaints when you are not in the Spa
• Handle all guest complaints that have come from other sources (social media / google reviews / trip advisor) personally and aim to resolve within 24hours
• Ensure all written guest enquiries are responded to within eight hours of receipt
• Ensure all customer feedback (guest questionnaires, verbal comments, emails, etc) is used to inform changes in practice and provide staff training or corrective actions
• Empower employees to provide excellent customer service
• Analyze the booking schedule and ensure all bookings are fair and both rooms and staff are utilized to the maximum, communicating with reception to create availability as required
• Responsible for consistent and timely opening and closing of the Spa ensuring the security of the Spa facility at the close of each day in line with company requirements
• Manage and control preventative maintenance to all spa equipment & facilities and coordinate the on- site maintenance team or outside contractors as required
• Conduct monthly inventory count ensuring accurate manual counts & investigating any discrepancies
• Perform regular spot checks of all Spa areas, providing feedback and training to team members to ensure the highest standards of cleanliness & set-ups are maintained
• Ensure all linen is clean & of high quality and coordinate with the laundry company any challenges or lost / damaged items
• Host daily briefings with your team to ensure alignment on objectives & assign tasks to ensure productivity for the day
• Ensure that the spa operation budget is strictly adhered to maximizing revenues and minimizing expenses
• Effectively manage and control all purchasing and expenditure as budgeted, providing purchase orders for all goods and services to Accounts for authorization
• Monitor all required monthly reports in relation to revenue & expenses and take early action to motivate team members to increase sales
• Achieve financial objectives by monitoring daily bookings and strategic scheduling, weekly reports and maximizing results in the area of sales, merchandising and operations
• Analyse monthly KPIs to create work schedules to ensure business targets and sales are being met
SALES & MARKETING
• Ensure the Spa teams are well briefed and tested on running and upcoming offers and promotions
• Maintain and update all necessary internal and external signage and promotional literature as and when necessary
• Suggest new promotions and treatments by staying on top of Spa industry trends
• Consistently develop, promote and grow retail sales and services through training, tools and monitoring
• Know your Spa Manning by position and ensure you are fully manned
• Request advertising for your spa vacancies & Interview and select candidates for all positions
• Ensure all spa therapists are fully trained and competent to undertake the treatments offered
• Be aware of staff morale and communicate any challenges or concerning behavior to SENSASIA HQ & Hotel HR (where appropriate)
• Record, report and always attempt to resolve staff grievances as quickly as possible
• Provide monthly schedules in advance for all spa staff ensuring that staffing levels are maintained to meet customer demands and limit turn-away revenue
• Coach and guide all team members in scripts, best sales practices and information needed to do their job with the objective of reaching targets
• Conduct regular one-to-one and on-the-job training for all employees as necessary
• Authorize annual leave for all spa staff, accommodating requested annual leave where applicable while ensuring the needs of the business are met
• Conduct employee appraisals
• Identify high-potential team members and develop succession plans where necessary
• Keep employees motivated and working as a team, ensuring staff understands and adheres to company policies, procedures and guidelines
• Provide open and honest communication and foster an environment of growth by providing consistent and ongoing feedback, praise and recognition
• Organize yourself & your teams daily to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner
• Keep on top of all your own tasks and provide updates before being asked, ensuring you follow up on tasks through to their completion
• Maintain staff files for Labour checks and Dubai Municipality
• Adhere to all rules and regulations implemented for safety and hygiene from Dubai Municipality
• Attending weekly Management meetings as required
• Carry out any other tasks as may be assigned by SENSASIA HQ from time to time in a quick and efficient manner
At least 3 years’ leadership experience in the beauty industry.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
An extremely detailed oriented individual who is willing to get involved at every level.
A creative, self-starter who thinks outside of the box.
Broad exposure to Finance, Legal, Human Resources, Marketing and Operations.
Excellent customer service, people & communication skills.
Able to work calmly & confidently under pressure and to timelines
Flexible and able to multi-task.
Can work with an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, whilst driving toward clarity and solutions.
Dynamic personality connects well with others and is passionate in helping others maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Fluent in English (both verbal and written);
Excellent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Flexibility is important; this position requires varied shifts including weekends, evenings, holidays, and sick cover. You will be responsible for your own scheduling to ensure you are on duty during the busiest business hours
SENSASIA is the largest independent, multi award-winning spa group in the UAE, with a portfolio of bespoke spa locations, located in premium city spots and offering clients a sensory journey through blissfully indulgent experiences – stemming from Balinese grace, Japanese elegance and Thai tradition since 2004.
Applicants Requested to e-mail CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com