Our Spa Coordinators are the harmonizers of our hotel! Entrusted with organizing the day to day scheduling in the spa. Though skillfully trained, they never lose sight of their ultimate reasonability, to create lifelong memories for our guests.
A day in the life of our Spa Coordinators … it demands high levels of energy in order to keep up. They need consistency even though the days are never alike; and creativity to tackle daily adventures. Listing all of the tasks that our Spa Coordinators accomplish would be lengthy but the list below is essential to know.
· Our Spa Coordinators are responsible for scheduling spa appointments and checking our guests in and out during their day. This will include maintaining complete knowledge of the hotel and spa features, services, retail products, and hours of operations all to ensure our guests receives nothing but the best experience. Our Spa Coordinators perform all duties on the coordinator daily checklist, this may include, but is not limited to, upselling services and/or retail products, generating daily Spa Soft and Opera reports, communicating to guests and team members via email and phone calls, offering tours of the spa, and maintaining responsibility for the shipping/receiving of products and packages.
· Sometimes our guests have special requests involving allergies, treatment preferences, and even special occasions. Most of these requests are fulfilled by our Spa Coordinators.
· Our hotels are truly luxury hotels. This requires preventing and correcting the imperfections and blemishes that tend to come up. Our Spa Coordinators are relied upon to report these and work with several other positions to correct.
· Communication is what keeps our departments running perfectly. Our Spa Coordinators must communicate with other departments and extended hotel team in order to ensure the alignment remains. They may also communicate with outside vendors to completed all special requests from the guests.
The items shared are essential. However, to ensure consistency, our Spa Coordinators are provided with specifics on how we care for their department and our hotel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stand for up to 8 hours. Ability to bend, stoop, crouch, use hand, finger and wrist dexterity. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Frequently required to handle lengthy phone calls, multiple phone calls for extended periods of time.
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees are required to work varying schedules, including weekends and holidays, to accommodate the business and demands of the hotel.
· All of our employees are ambassadors of our Vision, Values and culture. Our Spa Coordinators do this with all they do.
· English is the primary language used in our hotel. Our Spa Coordinators must feel comfortable communicating in this language.
· Attention to detail is critical for this role.
· We pride in nurturing an environment where Working Together is a must. Our Spa Coordinators are our biggest champions of this.
· Our hotels operate nonstop, this requires flexibility from everyone on the team.
Previous hotel and/or spa experience is preferred but not required. Ability to learn about spa business and treatments, as well as the inner workings of the hotel will be expected.
We are not just a collection of hotels, but instead a talented community. A family with a shared passion and commitment to, unapologetically, love and breathe who we are every day. We do this with a backdrop of extraordinary hotels, steeped in history, glamour and stories, which provide the perfect stage for our people – our Legends – to live our vision –Treasured by Guests, Cherished by Employees, Celebrated Worldwide.
Diversity and Inclusion at Dorchester Collection are core beliefs of our We Care philosophy., which is an environment where all of our employees feel valued and respected, allowing positive engagement to prosper. We continually strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusivity is part of our DNA, reflected by our core values of Passion, Personality, Respect, Working Together and Creativity. When submitting your application, please let us know if you require any special accommodations during the interview process.
EOE: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disability Act.